Wednesday, April 4, 2012

A Good Day

We finally found a weekend that worked out for us to spend a day at the beach. It was awesome and much needed. I love the east coast and have missed it since our days in Virginia beach. This past year has felt as though it was dominated by a to-do list and while the list are still there, lurking in the background, that's all they are, background. I'm ready to "seize the day" again. I lost sight of the fun stuff and got caught up in the to-do stuff. Sure the to-do stuff still needs to be done, but I refuse to let it take over. It's time to get back to the fun and this was a good start.

IMG_4043


It started off cloudy and in the 70's, but after 4 years of living in Iowa our kids think that is perfectly fine for swimming!
*love how Thatcher appears to be 12 feet tall in this one*

IMG_4049


After a short nap in the tent, Parker was ready for his fisrt trip to the coast. He was not apprehensive in the least. He crawled through the sand like he had been doing it all of his life. He ate most of the sand on the beach!

IMG_4065
IMG_4072IMG_4069


Alyssa felt like it was her first time too. She hasn't been to the beach since she was barely a year old.

IMG_40761

I think all of us had missed it. We drove down to the beach the night before. And the anticipation was almost to much as we walked down the boardwalk. My toes were excited to walk in the sand, my ears were excited to hear the waves crashing, my nose was excited to smell the salt, my skin was excited to feel the breeze....ok, so you get the point, right! We were glad to get away for the day.

Jacob worked, cause that's just what he does...

IMG_4077


This move from Iowa was hard. We miss our friends. This was good for us.

IMG_4090

IMG_4104

IMG_4080IMG_4078



Did I mention Parker can write his name now?
IMG_4107
IMG_4110

3 comments:

  1. such a bright spot in my day...love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. The pictures,music,and your words.Made me cry.A beautiful family.We love you,amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got here through Darcy. I see where you live in SC now. That's my neck of the woods. Are you close to the beach? It's our favorite place!

    Beautiful family and pictures.

    ReplyDelete