Monday, May 31, 2010

A birthday post

I have officially sang "Happy Birthday" to this little big boy 8 times now. I don't know if there are words powerful enough to describe to you the little soul that lives behind these eyes. It doesn't like to show itself all the time or to just anyone, but I see it all the time. And its magic and its beautiful. Its strong and its thoughtful. I am proud to be the Mama of this little soul. He can melt my heart at any given moment!

For his 8th birthday Jacob choose to celebrate with his friends at the gymnastics club where he has class. And he wanted tornado's for his theme.

They had a blast.
And were so fast, I switched the camera into high speed and still got "in motion" shots!
They jumped on the big trampolines, ran an obstacle course and got to play in the pits.











We celebrated in the party room with tornado cupcakes and lightning bolt cookies. I was up late the night before icing those cookies! We even had twister makers to play with.





Jacob got some cool presents. Even though it was only 71 degrees outside that afternoon, they had to try out the new slip n slide. The "chocolate party" was a real treat from Alex. The kids do not get soda to drink at our house so he was excited to say the least! And he shared with everyone.
Happy Birthday Jacob!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! Where has the time gone? I cannot believe how big they ALL are?! (shock) Happy Birthday Jacob!! Those cupcakes and lightning bolt cookies are adorable! Looks like a ton of fun with the gym party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun party and you are not old enough to have an 8 year old. We are only 17, right? :)

    ReplyDelete